It’s hard to miss the growth of sites and services that rely on the visual experience in their marketing efforts. Many brands rely on pretty pictures to tell stories and attract visitors.
It’s a fact that images get much more engagement on social networks like Facebook and Instagram. Even new platforms such as TikTok have rolled out visual-based hubs for short-form mobile videos. For 2019, 93 percent of users consider video creation a priority.
Social Media Today surveyed more than 500 digital marketeers to see how they used visual content in 2018. According to the survey, 88% of marketers used visuals in more than 50% of their published articles, with 56% saying they used visuals 100% of the time. The interesting part is that when you analyze what drove the most engagement, stock photography falls down to only 12%, with original graphics jumping up to 40% and videos following at 23%.
The bottom line is that visuals are an important aspect of content marketing and should be utilized as often as possible.
Here are a few tips to help with the effectiveness of visual content:
- Be consistent with your fonts, font sizes, and colors that represent your brand and use them consistently throughout your campaigns.
- Use infographics to represent data visually and creatively. This will help your audience make sense of numbers and stats.
- Incorporate emotions in your photos and graphics to foster a stronger connection with your audience and convey feelings.
- Reuse visuals by combining or breaking down different visual elements. Include interesting visuals in more places and extend your visual content’s reach.
- Split up a body of text with images when possible. This will compel the reader to continue down the page.
- With resources such as Canva, you can create unique captivating images for free with a simplistic drag-and-drop interface.
- Consider how-to videos, animated videos, demos, or customer testimonial videos. According to Neil Patel, posts with videos receive nearly 300% more inbound links.
- Create your own memes to evoke positive emotions, resonate with a younger demographic, and find the humor in your industry. It pays to make people laugh.
Visual content pushes your audience to discover more about your brand. If you can generate high quality visual content that resonates with your target audience, the reputation and awareness of your brand is sure to grow by leaps and bounds.
Always consider the needs of your audience and don’t put visual content out for the sake of getting it out there on a schedule. Give it substance and they’ll come back for more!