The Web Designer/Developer is responsible for the design and development of websites/applications through invention, imagination, and originality. This position works independently and generally without close supervision. To be considered for this position you must have Website Design & Development experience using WordPress. If you do not, there is no need to apply.
- New website design and creation; maintenance of current client websites including the redesign of existing client websites while applying knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
- Knowledge and implementation regarding Design Graphical User Interfaces (GUI’s) for custom programming applications
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and demonstrated knowledge regarding software and hardware options to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines and consults with the client to prototype, refine, test, and debug designs/applications to attain client approval
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and train end-users or technical support to use programs as needed
- Field phone calls for completed and existing projects that the customer may need modified
- Assist programmers with design needs
- Understand the necessity of and contributes to design standards, with respect to writing and maintaining functional and technical specifications, documentation to describe design/creative development, logic, testing, changes, and corrections for enhancement of knowledge base
- Application of research, development, and consulting with regard to industry trends and up-to-date application of the creative process
- Analyze and research industry tools that assist this position and the company in general of advancement of knowledge with respect to website design essentials
- Responsible for accurately tracking time spent on client-related projects to ensure proper billing
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to be improved, deleted, or revised.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports
- Identify the least expensive but most powerful and profitable keywords for client sites
- Improve a company’s organic search results
- Write effective headlines, body copy, and websites
- Ensure websites are filled with optimal keywords
- Place keywords appropriately in copy to gain the most search engine traction.
- Write effective call-to-action statements
- Effectively use header tags
- Keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines
- Develop strategic ways to improve and track site performance
- Compile and present SEO performance reports
- Consult with independent web designers to improve the navigation of a site to enhance its search engine ranking
- Create advanced SEO strategies
- Assists with marketing material generation – flyers, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Assists sales team with quotes and sales opportunities
- Collaborate with the sales department on new projects
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Website Design and/or Marketing
- Proficient knowledge of CSS, HTML, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- The successful candidate will be detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deadlines and personal work goals
Are you ready? Apply Below
If you are ready to work with a group of exceptional and innovative change-makers and you meet the listed requirements, fill out the application below and attach your resume. If we feel that you are a good match to join our team, we will be in touch to discuss the next steps.