Designs and develops computer programs that automate specific business processes by performing the following duties including invention, imagination, and originality. Determines user's needs, strategies, and goals and develops custom software solutions that meet those needs. Involves the daily creation of scripts, programs, and interfaces.
The design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications. The employee works independently and generally without close supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for designing, coding, analyzing, and testing of technical solutions and applications.Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems. Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Understands standard systems development lifecycle processes and applies our methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and demonstrated knowledge regarding software and hardware options to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines and consults with the client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval.
- Integrating sites with back end applications; migrating legacy applications to the Web.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards, with respect to writing and maintaining functional and technical specifications, documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections for enhancement of knowledge base.
- Field phone calls for completed and existing projects that the customer may need to be modified.
- Accurately employs our development tools.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Understands advanced relational database concepts.
- Demonstrates proficiency in physical and logical database design.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and trains end users or technical support staff to use programs as needed.
- Assists sales team with quotes and sales opportunities.
- Provide support and training to other members of the staff.
- Provides research and consulting when needed.
- Responsibility to accurately track time spent on client-related projects to ensure proper billing
Participates in the after-hours on-call rotation.
Proficient understanding of Git code versioning tools
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, company paid life insurance, matching IRA, holiday and paid-time-off, ability to work from home one day per week designated by the company.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Cody Hageman at email@example.com for consideration. Thank you.